Filling up pool for the 1st time

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
SWEET! That is what I was hoping for! Nothing wrong with the water!

Not sure why you have having the DE act as it does. Has it been raining there a lot so you are having to backwash to dump some water out?

ellislo

Bronze Supporter
Ya, it rains a lot recently, I just vacuum to waste to clean the pool and lower the water level at the same time, never use the backwash since added DE.

Yesterday, Pump pressure reading 10psi when pump was turned on. Added total 3/4 cup DE (1/4 cup DE at 10mins interval) to get pressure up to 11psi. From my observation, thereafter:
- 4hrs, pressure reading 15psi; slow water flow from return
- off and restarted pump; pressure reading 10psi; after 4hrs, pressure reading 14psi
- today, after running pump for 1hr, pressure reading 11psi

Maybe my filter needed more time for the DE/pressure to stabilize :unsure:

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just completed my OCLT:
- 24 Jan, 7pm: FC 7.0
- 25 Jan, 6:30am, on pump for circulation; 7:00am FC 7.0
How was the CC?
And the water clarity?
Passing the OCLT (which you did) along with CC ≤ 0.5 and clear water indicates no algae in the pool.

ellislo

Bronze Supporter
CC< 0.5, water clarity is good, and my FC is quite consistent, around 7-8.

We only use the pool during weekend to allow time for the sediment to settle down between Mon-Fri. I will vacuum the sediment on the floor to waste on Sat morning. Have been doing these for the passed few months.

Will just keep an eye on my filter pressure/DE for the time being. Maybe I haven’t got enough of DE in the filter yet.:unsure:

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
.............so the water looks good in all ways..............now lets talk about your sand in your pool. Do you remember what kind of sand was put in the filter? We don't usually go down this rabbit hole but nothing else is showing up as a problem.