Fill water valve controlled by Easytouch

Oct 23, 2017
Houston, Texas
Moved from here.
Fan,

I am not sure the quote you provided is very accurate, but I can tell you that I use my EasyTouch to control a sprinkler valve that fills my pool. The down side and up side for this are the same.. I have total control of when I fill the pool.. At the same time, it is up to me to make sure I monitor the water level.. Both good and bad...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Jim. I saw this post and had a question. We have a similar set up that wasn’t working lately so we replaced the solenoid in the valve. We also just had a new motherboard on the easy touch8 installed. This afternoon I came out to pool fill running almost to overflow. It has a circuit on the panel but it wasn’t running on the remote or the panel that I Could see. is there some setting or info needed to get this back working correctly? we turned off the water at the valve to stop it from running but I assume there is something that needs adjusting. Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Julie,

Something has to turn the sprinkler valve on.. In my case 120 volts goes to an Aux relay. When the relay closes it sends the 120 volts to a stepdown transformer, which then sends 24 volt AC to the sprinkler valve. And the water flows...

The only way for the sprinkler valve to be on, would be for the Aux relay to be stuck on, or more likely in your case, they have your Aux valve for the sprinkler connected to the wrong port on the new main board,

Do you know what Aux relay is supposed to control the sprinkler valve??

Is the little red light above the Aux relay for the sprinkler valve on or off?

If that does not make sense, then show me a couple of pics of your set up.. One of the panel with all the buttons and another showing all the relay and circuit breakers.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Hi @Jimrahbe I need to get the separate transformer for the Easy Touch 8 as thesprinkler valve fill was hooked up incorrectly. I saw something somewhere as to type to get. I believe you have your hooked up that way. Can you point me in the right direction. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Julie,

I assume you mean the transformer that makes the 24 Volts AC that turns on the sprinkler valve.. If so here is just one of many.. The transformer takes the 120 VAC and steps it down to 24 VAC..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Julie,

I assume you mean the transformer that makes the 24 Volts AC that turns on the sprinkler valve.. If so here is just one of many.. The transformer takes the 120 VAC and steps it down to 24 VAC..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. So we would mount this inside the easytouch box and then connect to aux relay and to the sprinkler valve, correct?

Julie,

No.. You need to wire 120 volts to the line side of an Aux relay.. Then wire one of the transformer's primary (input) wires to the load side of the same relay. The other primary wire is connected to the neutral bus. Then wire the secondary (output) wires to the sprinkler valve.

The relay turns the 120 VAC input to the transformer on and off. You don't wire the 24 VAC low voltage through the relay.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.