Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Moved from HERE

Hey guys I’m new here so I apologize if I’m not doing this right. Figured I’d reply within this post as it relates to my situation as well. I’ll make it brief
1- have a leisure pool ultimate 35 16x35 fiberglass in ground pool
2- saltwater system
3- want to fill with well water - don’t know any test results and totally confused with all the lingo on CH and TA etc but well was dug 7 years ago. We have softener and no crazy iron issues in house with iron or sulfur smell etc but reading through this forum I would say if anything we have soluble iron as the water looks good but then will turn murky once left standing (from well and not through softener)
Question I have is I was going to fill it
Through my softener and also through a pleatco purestart hose filter.
Hoping for a nice concise list of steps I can take to help me so I don’t end up with bad water.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
"Br", you're about to have a brief moment of info-overload, but we'll help you. Let's go over a few basic s since you are new to us:
- Please update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Include you are on a well and test kit.
- Read/save the link below. It is a great one-stop source of info you need to know
- You say no iron issues, but do this as a test; fill a 5-gallon bucket with that water, then add about 1/2 cup of bleach to it. Any staining or color change? Generally, well water contains iron which causes problems. Your water softener can only do so much before requiring a re-gen. Even then, it may help with CH but not so much with iron.
- You MUST have a good test kit; either a TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C. Any questions you have here on the forum require reliable home test results from one of those kits. Accurate water testing is the foundation of good pool care. Test strips and free testing is often flawed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.