Fill Material 14' Pool - stuck with hard clay

The Primate

Jun 21, 2023
Miramichi, NB, Canada
I know you are supposed to find the lowest area and dig the rest to it but I am at a standpoint. I've had a bobcat in to strip off the grass and what I"m left with is somewhat level with about 2" low in many places on the outside edge. I am dealing with hard clay and after about 15 minutes with a rake trying to remove some material at the centre to work out to the outside edge I'd be lucky if I even got a 1/16" off.

So I might have to fill and compact with a plate tamper? I've seen various types of material suggested what do you suggest? I am in Eastern Canada if it matters and I have access to a laser level.

I might have to fill and compact with a plate tamper? I've seen various types of material suggested what do you suggest?
Check with your local stone & soil places and explain your situation. Maybe something in the 3/8" crushed stone range that will compact tightly together with the plate tamper.

Welcome to TFP! :wav:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.