Mar 27, 2019
Las Vegas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi,
This is my first post. Thank you for having me on your forum! : )
I searched as best I could but wasn't able to find answers. I am having my 40k gal pool renovated. We are having it made much smaller, having the rolled pebble bond beam restored and cantilevered pip concrete deck installed. There is also an enormous 12 person spa that we are filling in and a large "waterfall" constructed of stacked boulders that will be demolished. Also, a large portion of the property is covered with "river rock" (1"-3" and smooth).
My questions are:
1. Is it ok to fill the spa with the pebble-tech chip out from the pool?
2. Can the portion of the pool that is being abandoned be filled in with the boulders from the waterfall?
3. Can the smooth river rocks be used as fill as well?
Of course, it would be much more cost effective to just bury all this material that is already on site, rather than have it all hauled off and buried elsewhere, and then bringing in fresh type 2 from a rock yard.
My concern is that it will not compact properly and continue to settle indefinitely. Or maybe there are additional issues that I am not aware of. I do understand that the bottom of any areas being filled must be demolished for drainage.
Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts.
Best regards,
Bill

Attachments

• IMG_2497.JPG
    IMG_2497.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 41
Welcome to the forum.

I assume you have permits for this work. Are you in the county or city? I would expect the engineers whom reviewed the permit application would have had input?

Welcome to the forum.

I assume you have permits for this work. Are you in the county or city? I would expect the engineers whom reviewed the permit application would have had input?

Hi Marty!
The work is being performed by a licensed pool company. They will pull permits. This is for my own knowledge.
Thank you.
Bill

Ok - so no permits yet. I suspect you will be required to haul off all the rock, the entire structure of the spa, and chip out and use properly designed fill material with compaction to 95% or greater.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.