Fiberstars Pool light

May 14, 2018
VA
Hi - hoping to find some expert guidance - not very handy with electrical. Pool light worked great until the end of last season. Bulb started to flicker, and eventually stopped working. Dropped the pool level, replaced the bulb. However, no fan no light. The fuse is good (tested with a multimeter for continuity) - I can’t seem to find any GFCIs around the pool area that are tripped - lights around the pool are working etc. I have toggled the switches up/down and have a remote for this unit, with no luck. There is a mains box in the pool shed pictured, I have everything up. how do I check to see if the unit is getting power?any other typical issues I can look for? I love the light when it worked. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    449 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3857.jpeg
    IMG_3857.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 17
I’ve just read that there is another fuse for the motor and color wheel - which I didn’t know. Is it possible that this is bad and as a result no fan/light? I will check this tomorrow if I can find it.
There should be power at the bottom black and white wires coming out of the grey Romex (sheathed cable) when turned on. It should have 120V.

Ok. A bit delayed, but I got a chance to work on this today. The light is definitely getting 120v - measured with a meter. I went ahead and ordered a motor fuse but I can’t locate it anywhere - thinking there is not a motor fuse on the PT 6000?? I so badly want to get this light working - any other ideas. Light has power, but I hear no fan or see no light. Thanks in advance.

Still baffled - but (1) it’s getting 120v - does this rule out a gfci issue, or could I mysteriously not have found that one is tripped? (2) I could not locate the motor fuse - but have checked the main fuse and that appears ok - with meter. (3) unit does not power on at all, no fan or noise of a motor… help me pls before I lose my sanity..😝is there anything else I can check for (Fiberstars pt6000).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
any ideas guys? I’d prefer not to have to replace the whole unit.
You're dealing with an obsolete product and people (like me) who are thousands of miles away. There are too many variables in those units, or it could be something very simple, but not being there makes it very difficult to help.
Do you have the manual? It explains the switch positions it takes to make the thing work (if it is going to).

Attachments

• pt-6000-manual.pdf
    234.5 KB · Views: 0