Fiberglass pool - Safety Ledge and Many Stairs

Rebel-Redbird

Mar 18, 2019
Yorkville, IL
We are in the process of getting a Leisure Pools Elegance 23' fiberglass pool installed, and I have been going back and forth on robotic cleaners. Haven't had to clean the pool manually yet, so I'm not even sure if a 7,000 gallon, 12' x 23' would be that time consuming to handle with a hand vac.

The pool itself has a seat ledge, a few steps, and a safety ledge going all the way around, so right away I have concerns about any cleaner that has wall-climbing abilities. If one works well, I can see the benefit of having those steps and walls cleaned regularly. However, I imagine a robotic cleaner only getting some of the stairs, and continuously falling off the wall when it hits that ledge and loses suction.

So then I thought I can manually brush the steps/safety ledge, bringing all junk to the bottom of the pool and run a really basic model that only does floors. There seem to be some inexpensive floor only models out there.

If I could brush, then drop a simple robot in to clean while I move on to test the water or something, I can see the value.

So, figured I'd throw my situation out there and see if there are any recommendations. Is a robot worth it, or should I just clean by hand since it's a smaller pool? Should I totally ignore any robots that climb stairs/walls since it might not work all that well with that safety ledge? Any recommendations on a basic model that only cleans floors?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Elegance6-Gallery22.jpg
    Elegance6-Gallery22.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    625.6 KB · Views: 34
Brett,

I am a highly biased robot kind of guy... But, in your case, I think I would try manual brushing and vacuuming for a while and see what that is like. After a few weeks you will either love it or hate it and it will make the decision that much easier.

No matter what, I would want a cleaner that did the floor and walls..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I posted a similar question last year, and I am so happy I went with the robot! It climbs the walls of my fiberglass pool and scrubs the water line. I use a brush on the steps and the tanning ledge, and occasionally around the safety ledge. Personally, any enjoyment I found in vacuuming manually was completed erased by my frustration at coiling the vacuum hose back up and putting it away! I’d rather clean out the robot. I did the manual vacuuming for about a month before making the purchase.

I posted a similar question last year, and I am so happy I went with the robot! It climbs the walls of my fiberglass pool and scrubs the water line. I use a brush on the steps and the tanning ledge, and occasionally around the safety ledge. Personally, any enjoyment I found in vacuuming manually was completed erased by my frustration at coiling the vacuum hose back up and putting it away! I’d rather clean out the robot. I did the manual vacuuming for about a month before making the purchase.
Do you mind mentioning which model you went with? If it’ll work with your safety ledge I’m betting it’ll work on mine!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.