Fiberglass Pool Grungy Walls and Floor

Apr 20, 2015
Central New York
Ok. Not the right forum, but I don’t know where to post. Sorry. Feel free to redirect me to the right forum.

I have a 14k fiberglass pool. Water is crystal clear and I am carful with my levels. My FC ranges from 3-5, CC 0, PH 7.2, CYA about 100 (high for my liking, but is what it is for this season). I live in upstate New York, so I am only open about 2 months.

This year I opened and cannot get the fiberglass clean. I’ve slammed it. Even tried United chemicals pool stain treatment. (Which helped where I laid some filled socks on test spots, but left me with bright white patches since the general treatment didn’t really help.)

I believe the grunge is likely organic in nature since I have a lot of pine trees and needles I’m always cleaning out. But slamming hasn’t cleared it.

I was thinking about a vitamin c treatment. What are your thoughts on that? And how much would I add to do a general cleaning of the 14k gallon pool if this is the way to go?

Thank you.

Your FC is way too low for your CYA (if it is only 100). See FC/CYA Levels

Test the stain to see if it is organic. Set a trichlor puck on the stain for a few minutes. If organic, it will clear up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.