Fiberglass pool build in Ohio

I have used my auto cover as a winter cover in pittsburgh for 6 years and just replaced the material. It does fine with the weight of the snow. One thing to wacth out for is that when you leave the pump on the cover over the winter to pump out water which you should do, sometimes as the snow melts the pump will run but the pump hose is frozen solid so no water comes outwhich can burn out your pump. A sparehose kept inside will help to fixthis

So as a comparison, our autocover has seen 5 seasons of use which is probably covered a total of 3+ months out of 7 our pool is open. Based on the very good condition of the fabric, I wouldn’t be surprised to get 10 years out of it.

We got the forms installed and the area back filled.

Easytouch and screen logic are working. I did plug the ethernet cable from my screenlogic straight into my network switch and it is working just fine.

The pool builder is going to get his electrical inspection on Monday and then has concrete being delivered Tuesday. It's really starting to look like a pool!

zoifFHYl.jpg

Pool handrail is all bonded and ready to be installed once concrete has been poured.

myceUBxl.jpg

LIivCOPl.jpg

dTsVGK4l.jpg

Autocover is ready to be installed!

AtUAhmRl.jpg

79SZaspl.jpg

Looks great! Well done brushed concrete is under-rated. I presume they'll be back to cut some expansion joints?

Yeah,

He'll be cutting the expansion joints once it sets up. There are a couple spots where he wasn't as pleased with the finish of the concrete, but it looks fine by me. I like the broom finish. Deck chairs don't wobble like they would on stamped concrete. He'll be getting the concrete poured for the pavilion in the next few days.

FWIW, I too use my autocover as the winter cover. I do lay a leaf net* over the cover until all the leaves come down, then remove the net (usually early Dec.). After that I pretty much forget about it except for the occasional frozen pump hose as has been previously mentioned. Cover fabric lasted 8 years. Would have replaced it this year but we are building a new pool in it's place.

* leaf net tip...never buy a pool leaf net from a pool supply house. Get a pond leaf net from any landscape supply or big box chain. Exact same thing at much lower cost. At least that has been my experience.

Some more work got done. Expansion joints were cut into the concrete. Work is underway for the pavilion base. Sonotubes have been placed for the posts. Inspection should happen on Monday. He'll probably pour Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

babVeDfl.jpg

8k8jwSil.jpg

0poeCuul.jpg

GnJ5zu1l.jpg

uK8AEJgl.jpg

VUoSEigl.jpg

In the picture above, the area between the form and the pool equipment pad will have a vinyl privacy fence. The rest of the pool will be fenced with aluminum pool fence. The conduit just behind the form contains Cat6 wire and speaker wire. I should have some solid 5 GHz wifi out there and a Sonos Connect amp inside the house will power some outdoor speakers. Hoping for an early spring!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Maddie,

We are really happy how it is turning out. Tomorrow, they are going to install the autocover and probably do the winter shut down. It'll be nice to turn the pump off and save some money on electricity! I need to figure out some program settings on the pump for next season to provide enough chlorine from the SWG, but not constantly waste electricity running the pump if it's not necessary.

Otherwise today was a good day. I'd say the pool builder "made the grade!";) It's nice to have the big mound gone from our backyard!

DfSDj8Ul.jpg

kBZ1pRol.jpg

tKYuE5Wl.jpg

Looks great u guys did a nice job w the layouts. Nice property too u have the room for it all and then some.....btw my pool is 13k gallons and I have a 40k SWG lol

Yeah,
I forget how it worked out. I think I asked him to buy a larger cell, but he had already gone and got the smaller one because it worked “fine in the last pool he built.” Our pool builder was just starting out. Took a bit of a risk. Price was right. I’m pleased with how it turned out in the end. But I think our PB learned a lot....

Anyway, once this one dies out, I’ll just get a larger one the next time around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.