Fiberglass Dolphin Pool Cleaners

kittykatx2

Feb 5, 2019
Holly Springs
First time pool owner! I am overwhelmed and confused by the options for pool robots. I think we narrowed it down to Dolphin. We have a Leisure Fiberglass pool, it has a seat with spa jets, steps (deep and shallow end), safety ledge. Based on other threads it seems that most pool robots won't be able to climb our walls/ledges/seats. Is that correct? I don't wan to spend $1200+ on a robot if it won't work on our particular pool. So should I just get a basic one that just does floors? The Dophins on Amazon seem to be different then then ones on the Maytronics website (was looking at Naultilis CC Plus or Premier). I wanted to get off Amazon so that I could buy the additional Square Trade Warranty. Are they not as good? Any incite with our particular pool would be helpful! Thank you!

Last edited:
Kit,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers for all of your new pool questions... :shark:

I suggest you call Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa.. You can buy over the phone but not on the internet from them and get the normal warranty.

Even if you don't buy from them Margaret, she seems to really know her stuff when it comes to cleaners and she can tell you which Dolphin will work best for you..

Thanks,

Jim R.

A robot (at least my Active20, purchased from Marina) climbs the walls just fine. It tries to do the deeper steps but if they are not wide enough, it will not. Ledges must be deeper than 18" or so for it to get up on them.

You may have to brush the areas it will not get too. Or if you are swimming, that takes care of those areas too.

Thank you so much! Margret was great and a big help and so knowledgeable! She is send me info but I think we will probably go to with the M400!!! Looking forward to all the help this forum can give me with managing our new pool!!! Now if the 70 degree weather in NC will hang around longer and warm up our pool, that would be great too!

Good idea to spec out the Dolphin with their 'Wonder Brush' foam brushes as they work better with fibreglass pools.

Below is my M500 climbing up the wall and over my perimeter ledge in my FG pool. Walls are generally not an issue, however steps and some ledges are usually off limits for the robot (depends on their overall dimensions and water depth).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.