fell dump on slam process

Temperature doesn't matter for adding chemicals.

my test this morning
cya 60
fc 4.6 ppm
cc 0.8 ppm
i think i need add 2 more qt bleach
You need to add much more bleach. You don't have the SLAM toggle on. Those numbers are for normal maintenance. Toggle SLAM on (see image with arrow below), then recalculate what you need to reach SLAM level. After that, keep that toggled till you have passed the 3 criteria. See SLAM Process. Follow that exactly.

Also, use 10ml in your FC/CC test vial instead of 25ml. Then each drop counts as .5ppm. That's good enough for our purposes, and will save your reagents.

Insofar as when you're out of town, is there anyone who can read up on the SLAM process and continue your work while you're gone? It will involve testing at least 3x a day, and adding bleach using Pool Math to reach your SLAM level.

whoa, ya unless you can have someone stay on top of the slam while you are gone, it will be a waste of time and resources.
Better to do it when you get back and can give full attention.

I have done one slam before and just happened to be during my week off. That made it much easier to deal with and stay on top of.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No worries! You'll sort it all out. We all make mistakes! Keep letting us know what's happening, there are great people here who are happy to assist. I'm glad you posted that image, it helped explain a lot why you're experiencing issues.

After come back home ,pool turn green ,pool pump motor when bad it making lot of noise new motor install ..... i start slam progress again i test CYA it is zero so rise CYA up to 35 with dry stabilizer ,
my question today do i need turn on chlorine auto feeder to keep CYA in the pool as it should?

Attachments

• IMG_0344[1].JPG
    IMG_0344[1].JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0352[1].JPG
    IMG_0352[1].JPG
    455.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0343[1].JPG
    IMG_0343[1].JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 18
Raise CYA to 30ppm only, if you raise it to 35ppm you'll need to call it 40.

Don't use the auto feeder. Once you put the CYA in, it's there and you don't want to add more. You won't want to use the auto feeder after your SLAM either since the pucks add CYA and you are far better served adding only what you wish to add. Save the feeder for vacations.

Read SLAM Process. There are 3 criteria to know when to stop.
You need to be testing the FC and adding more chlorine at least 2-3 times per day until you pass the 3 criteria to stop.

Remind us what test kit you are using ... please add it to your signature.

Test as often as you can during the day... 3-4 times or more if possible. Each time you test you'll usually find your FC has dropped as it has been used up killing algae. So then you will replenish the FC with liquid chlorine again, each time the FC falls below the SLAM process level.

Then you let your filter do its job, which is often the slowest part and requires patience.

Maddie :flower:

i got sand filter triton 2 TR 60 ,filter was cracking pipe inside,and some laterals bad ,i repaid it installs new gravel sleeve on bottom and 20/40 gradation sand buy it at menards 4 1/2 bags of 50 lbs install .i really don't know it is working or not after i repair it pressure gauge 20 psi when pump run how i can test is filler working ,thanks for help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.