Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hello!
I'm about to start my pool build in the next couple weeks and the one thing I keep going back and forth on is the layout of the pool. I had initially wanted a sport pool, but given my size constraints, I've pivoted to just doing a typical shallow end/deep end since I essentially only have 22' in length to work with. I'm just about maxing out the size available given the shape and layout of my backyard and can't really go much bigger. The tanning ledge does take a large portion of the pool size, but my wife and I both want to have that for sure.

In the attached photos, doing a sport pool will be tight regardless given the slope which would be a rough estimate of 2 foot of drop to 5.5 foot length on both sides (and that is going to a V). The deep end pool would have a slope of 2 foot drop for 7-8" length.

Looking for suggestions or feedback

Summary of Pool
28' Long x 15' Wide Rectangle
Tanning Ledge on Left (6' long)
Functional pool minus tanning ledge = 22' Long x 15' Wide
7' x 7' Spa on Right with spill over into main pool

Attachments

• Pool Layout Deep End.jpg
    Pool Layout Deep End.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Pool Layout Sport.jpg
    Pool Layout Sport.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 24
Welcome to TFP.

What depths are you considering?

Thank you - Looking at ~3.5'-4' for the shallow sections and ~5.5'-6' for the deeper sections

Then deep end pool. No reason to chop the pool up into 3 sections. People will find the depth they enjoy.

I love my 7.5' deep end, but that's me. 5.5' doesn't make for much of one. Do you envision you'll be playing volleyball or badminton in your pool? Or some similar two-team sport? Then you'd want the deep end in the middle (sports pool). Or do you want to be able to jump out of your hot spa into the pool, in which case you'd want the deep end next to it. The bench you have planned might not be ideal for a "cold plunge" like that. If you want to dive from the spa into the pool, then where the slope is would come into play and the deep end might be better in the middle for that maneuver. I can dive off the side of my pool into the deep end only in the direction of shallow to deep, but not the other way, or I'd run into the slope, if that makes sense. My pool is too short to dive off deck by the deep end into the deep end. Yours is even shorter.

It sounds like you two already have a vision in your heads about how you'll be using the ledge. You kinda need the vision of how you'll be most using the rest of the pool to determine where the deep end should be...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.