Features on a budget - IG build in Central Texas

Think of it as your pool's beauty mark! No one else will even notice it!! Yeah they can use muriatic ACID to even it up some BUT the acid will take away some of the plaster as it does. It is up to you. I just want you to be able to make an informed decision.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Jeffnhelen
While walking around the local big box store these palms caught my eye! I don't like most of the palms here because they have some sort thorn or pointy tip foliage, but these "Bottle" palms are soft and smooth.

Now I just need to figure out where they should go. I moved the three best ones they had available around the pool for ideas:

I'm not sure how aggressive the root system is to determine how close to the pool I can put them, but maybe if we keep them in a large pot they will be fine? They stay as small as 12' H x 12' W but can get up to 20' H x 15' W. I would more than likely need to try and care for them during winter as I'm sure the couple cold spells we have would not treat the palms very well, but hoping they can last!

I am liking them behind the raised BLING wall the best. I see something smaller in the little hole right by the pool. By the house I see more of a small hedges like boxwoods or azaleas but you will HAVE to keep the trimmed BELOW the windows as you should never block windows in my world LOL.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.