Mar 26, 2014
League City, TX
So Ive been using my kit and have a problem, or a question.
When using the daily test I have 5 parts of CL
When using the FC test I have 3
I have no CC

I don't know which number to go by to add chlorine. If i use the daily test according to that I don't need to add much chlorine. I don't want to do a FC test everyday.

Keep practicing. It took me months to discern the shades on the OTO test. Even now, anything from 4-7 looks like 5 to me. I find it helpful to hold the block at arm's length with a white background (plastic patio chair) and squint until it gets fuzzy.

One thing I find useful is that with 50 CYA, my minimum is 4 FC. I like a little safety cushion. So if the daily test looks as dark as the top of the OTO block, I'm good, and I can just add the normal amount. Anything else, break out the powder and see what's going on.

Welcome to TFP

Always trust the FAS-DPD. OTO is fine for daily "yep that is about where it should be" testing to supplement occasional FAS-DPD testing once you get things in to a reliable pattern, but FAS-DPD is the more precise and most accurate test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.