FC Up & Down - Do I need to SLAM

So it looks like the cell isn't producing. Check the cell for buildup. If it has no visible scale, has power, and isn't tripping low flow/salt, it's likely done for. :(
The cell was purchased new in March and installed in April. All lights are good. I'll check it for buildup later today.

Also maybe relevant, it was on super chlorinate during the day yesterday as well.
6/22 5:41am FC - 3.2
6/22 9:18pm FC - 5.8

Follow up, I was looking at my NodeJS-PC Dashboard and saw "Low Flow" under my IC60.

Flow was green when I was out there earlier, but it was red this time when I went out. Perhaps it's doing this regularly causing the cell not to produce. I turned the pump up 100rpm and I'll run the test again tonight.

• Love
Reactions: newdude
Ok, will still let it run tonight and test in the morning but:

6/23 7:21am FC - 6
6/23 9:07pm FC - 9.2

Last edited:
You should produce 9.6 FC per 24 hours so that seems low for overnight with no UV.

Was it at 50% ?

Nope, Superchlorinate was on

Edit, if it matters, we had 8 people in the pool during the afternoon
Thats alot of FC for the bather residuals, but its possible. Try another gain test, and double check the schedule to ensure it's producing all night.

Thats alot of FC for the bather residuals, but its possible. Try another gain test, and double check the schedule to ensure it's producing all night.
It was definitely on Superchlorinate because I turned it off in the morning after the test. My schedule looks like this:
Pool - 12:00am-12:00am (1300 rpm)
Pool High - 9:00am-9:15am (2900 rpm - purges bubble from pump basket)
Skim - 9:15am-10:15am (2100 rpm)
Skim - 2:15pm-3:15pm (2100 rpm)

The only thing I can think of would be potentially just changing the percentage 100% instead of using the Superchlorinate button.

The only thing I can think of would be potentially just changing the percentage 100% instead of using the Superchlorinate button.
Can't hurt to try it this time, but superchlorinate should just be 100% for 24 hours, so it shouldn't matter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You should have made 4 ppm in 10 hours (in perfect conditions). So that's probably close enough for all things considered. (y)

Reactions: nrobfd_pl
You should have made 4 ppm in 10 hours (in perfect conditions). So that's probably close enough for all things considered. (y)
Yep. Comparing my numbers to your 9.6 FC / 24 hours, I came up .8 FC short. That's close enough for me considering all the variables at play.

Thanks for all your help @Newdude in walking me through this!

Reactions: newdude
Now switch to 10ml FC tests and each drop is 1/2 FC. You'll save 2.5x the supplies and the .2 difference has never once saved anyone. A 3.2 FC and a 3.0 are effectively both terrible.

Reactions: nrobfd_pl
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.