FC standing still without SWG ?

Jun 14, 2011
New Jersey
So I opened my pool last week and was SLAMing it and adjusting other chemical levels. I had the SWG set to 0% production until FC drops back into normal level which was taking a few days, however, I used 23 drops last night to clear the pink and again 23 drops tonight. We had a full day of mostly sun, my pool is covered by solar cover but the attached hot tub is not. Is it possible the pool did not lose any FC without SWG production or possibly my drops are bad? I have new powder from last season. My salt reading was 4200 which is a bit high, can that be causing it? or can my CYA be so high that it can hold FC so well?

I use an automatic cover on my pool and my CL will not move for about 2 weeks with the SWG down to 5-10% or even off sometimes!
I don't know how opaque solar covers are but I'm sure its similar in that its blocking the UV rays. As long as you're below your SLAM level for your CYA level, you're safe to swim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.