Geminisq

May 23, 2021
LargoFL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My FC has been dropping significantly over a 24 hour period for several weeks. Water is crystal clear, no visible algae anywhere. There are several holes drilled in the ladder so the chlorinated water can flow through it. We do have a few wrinkles on the bottom that I scrub well when I vacuum. Failed OCLT so I want to SLAM. Problem is; our motor will overheat & shut off if I try to run it 24 hrs. There have been multiple delays getting our new motor shipped. I'm not sure what to do at this point until the new motor arrives. My test & maintenance logs are visible. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20220723_143046.jpg
    IMG_20220723_143046.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 10
Get a sump pump without a float, or one with internal float, something simple. Put it in a bucket and put it in the pool. This will not filter out algae, but will keep water moving. You can even pour your chlorine in over the sump pump and it will mix it up for you...

I know I had to pull my steps & drill extra holes several different times (based on what I found inside) until I no longer had issues with algae forming in them.
Along with re-evaluating how they were weighed down.
Now I am able to use a bottle brush on them while they are in the pool along with spraying them with the hose when I add fill water & vacuuming underneath them with my little cordless vac. I pull them at the beginning & end of the season & scrub them with diluted bleach as well.
Just run your pump as much as u are able.
If you get dead algae that falls to the floor when the pump is off u can slowly siphon vac it to “waste” with a manual vac head, pole & hose to reduce your need to use the pump & keep the stuff out of the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.