FC lower than expected

So yesterday throughout the day I lost 6.5ppm which seemed really high. So I did another overnight test and lost 4 ppm this time 😩
I guess that means I need to do the whole slam thing? I hate this darn pool 😣
Yep. Print out the instructions, they will guide you. -->SLAM Process

Don't hate. Stick around. I spend <2 minutes a day managing my pool. Once you understand and take control, it WILL be simple.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I just tested CYA again and I still think I may be low even though I added enough to get to 40 in theory. I can still make out the black dot a little with the test tube completely full. Should I add more CYA before doing a SLAM?

You poured the CYA stabilizer granules directly in to the skimmer. That will take up to a week to show on testing. So wait a full week (without backwashing) to test for CYA.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Are you outside? in bright sun light, sun at your back, holding the tube at your waist? Look at the dot with a GLANCE do not stare. Bright sunlight is important.

Yes that’s how I did it after watching the video 🤷‍♀️ my dot looks like the mid test picture once the tube is completely full

Only thing you can do is assume what you added is in the pool. With a fresh fill, if you had used the sock method, we would know what you added is in the water. So use 40 ppm CYA level for SLAM level. Test the CYA next week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.