Silver Supporter
Dec 20, 2015
Arnold md.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I read quite a few threads that have had similar issues with loss of FC to 0 after adding Calcium to raise the hardness. Is it possible. I had FC of 6 this morning and now at 3:30 a fc of 0 and low ph, 7.2. My cya is almost 0 though but could I lose that much fc in a day?
Seems odd

You are not adding your test results to your Poolmath app so I cannot see what chemistry parameters you have. The addition of pure calcium chloride will not effect the FC.

You are not adding your test results to your Poolmath app so I cannot see what chemistry parameters you have. The addition of pure calcium chloride will not effect the FC.
I had no idea others could see that. Just added my results after just testing. The calcium is not 100% pure but is the hardness increase from the pool store. Could not find straight calcium locally before I opened.

With 0 CYA, the FC half life with sun on the pool surface is about 50 minutes. So you can go from 6ppm FC in the morning to essentially 0 in a few hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.