fc levels

drkstr

Jan 4, 2018
Altamont Il
Newb here. Ive been reading and learning. We rebuilt the pool last fall right before closing for winter. This spring will be a new start, new liner, new water, new equipment. What I want to know is this fc level for swg pools 4-6 at cya level 70-80 no problem, but most literature I have read wants fc level 1-3 for pool heaters or they say heater damage will occur. Since this will be a new cupro nickel heater I guess what I'm asking, needing is reassurance that I will not damage my new heater. System will be installed with check valve, zinc anode, and plumbed for heater bypass and bonded.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Welcome to the forum!

Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

The proper testing and maintenance of pH is the most important factor for your heater.

Most pools do not need the anode. In fact, you have to be sure it is installed correctly or can be a detriment.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI. I have a heater for our spa. No anode, no bypass, SWCG, my FC is held at 6+ppm with CYA of 70-80 ppm.

d,

What hurts heaters is the pH level of your water, not the FC level..

As long as your FC is in range for your CYA then you will not have any damage to any of your equipment.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.