FC levels dropping daily

OK, so you know you actually did reach the higher levels - I figured that was the case but wanted to rule out bad chlorine.

Something in the water is eating up the FC and that's a lot of loss for a 10k pool. You're brushing/vacuuming often, right? There has to be some sort of reservoir of organics eating the chlorine. That or a neighbor is dumping ammonia in your water (organic or otherwise...) as a prank...

• Haha
Reactions: Pjmurgatroyd
Day 4:
Saw another drop of 4ppm last night. So I just wanted to check something. I have a CYA level of 45-50 and entered this into the FC calculator, when I select SLAM it calls for 20ppm. Looking at the FC/CYA table for SWG pools it said CYA should be 60+ with a FC shock level of 24ppm. I just want to make sure that I’m targeting the right FC level to kill this monster eating up my Chlorine.

Day 4:
Saw another drop of 4ppm last night. So I just wanted to check something. I have a CYA level of 45-50 and entered this into the FC calculator, when I select SLAM it calls for 20ppm. Looking at the FC/CYA table for SWG pools it said CYA should be 60+ with a FC shock level of 24ppm. I just want to make sure that I’m targeting the right FC level to kill this monster eating up my Chlorine.
When a SLAM seems stuck (and losing that much FC overnight), you can test out the next SLAM level (one dose), but only if there is a question of the CYA level, as it's just "extra" chlorine and not "doing something" if there isn't a question of CYA. The SLAM Process takes lots of P-O-P (Pool Owner Patience) It's your pool ;) It shouldn't hurt, but it's not necessary neither.

Looking at the FC/CYA table for SWG pools it said CYA should be 60+ with a FC shock level of 24ppm.
During a SLAM, the pool is a non-SWCG pool. You are not using the SWCG. The fact that the pool water has salt in it has no bearing on the FC levels
Leave your CYA at the lower level during the SLAM,.

Reactions: Pjmurgatroyd
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.