soncunning

May 21, 2022
North Texas
I have a bestway pro max steel 15'x42". I plan to kill the grass, level the dirt, but then is the fatigue mats at harbor freight or the foam boards a better option? I was thinking I needed to do a 16ft circle just to make sure the pool is not on a ledge but it seems like the 15ft is the top diameter, and the bottom of the pool will fit fine in a 15ft circle? Is this correct? If I do the foam boards it will be the .5 thick https://www.lowes.com/pd/Insulfoam-...ene-Garage-Door-Foam-Board-Insulation/3033278 . It seems the foam boards will be cheaper at 85$ where as the fatigue mats would be 150$. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Also I live in Texas so have to avoid the nut grass. Thanks in advance!

Definitely Use granular nut grass killer after leveling. Also a granular insecticide- ants & termites can eat holes in a liner & other insects attract moles.
Whichever choice pad/mat is more cost effective is what I would do. It really depends upon your preference. You don’t have to have either one, a ground cloth is sufficient, just not as comfy.

Definitely Use granular nut grass killer after leveling. Also a granular insecticide- ants & termites can eat holes in a liner & other insects attract moles.
Whichever choice pad/mat is more cost effective is what I would do. It really depends upon your preference. You don’t have to have either one, a ground cloth is sufficient, just not as comfy.
Thank you for that advice on the grass killer and insecticide. I definitely want one of the mats/foam boards for comfort, to help prevent nut grass and to avoid all the rocks, etc within the dirt. I am not messing with sand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.