FAS-DPD

csmdew

Feb 17, 2020
Florida
Having hard time figuring out how to do the chlorine test with this powder stuff. Followed directions and put 2 scopes (level?) into water and it turned red. Started to do drops and it took 13 to neutralize but don't know what that means. My other kit just does chlorine reading but no free chlorine reading. I don't really have any idea what my level is now. PH 7.6, TA 90/100, and CYA 50. Can someone provide better instructions than the taylor kit has. thanks

it took 13 to neutralize but don't know what that means
If you used a 10 ml water sample size, then each drop is 0.5, so your FC would be 6.5. If you used a 25 ML water sample, then each drop is 0.2 and you FC is 2.6.

If you used 10ml of water, you multiply the number of drops it took the clear the pink color by .5, so
13-.5=6.5ppm. With a CYA level of 50 your target is 6-8, so you’re fine.

What test kit are you using? What sample size? Both the TF-100 and K-2006C come with detailed instructions that should be straightforward.

Used the 10 and based on that and what was explained here then my free chlorine would be 6.5 so I guess is ok for every day use? Kit 2006c and do u use level amount or heaping amount.

If your CYA is 50, chlorine at 6.5ppm is good. You want to maintain your chlorine according to the CYA/Chlorine chart located here:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.