FAS-DPD disposal

eco-help

Bronze Supporter
Apr 4, 2014
Tampa, Florida
ok I normally search but didn’t sorry, I think this was answered but can’t delete my thread :(
Anyway septic tanks/leech fields may not specifically have been mentioned and my question is related after the test is done not the unused chemicals so I hope I get a pass on my question :)
I read here to dispose safely and not pour it back into the pool. Is it safe when you have a septic tank/ leech field? I am going to be using quite a lot due to upcoming SLAM.
What would happen if it was accidentally poured back into the pool?

“Dispose of the sample safely. It is best to pour it down the drain with the water”

I toss mine into a garden bed or grass. Nothing harmful in that test's ingredients.
Then I go scavaging around for the little Speed Stir magnetic bean I accidentally tossed with it..... <sigh> I never learn!

Maddie :flower:
Haha really looking forward to speedstir.. received mine today didn’t get to check it till now and find it doesn’t work :( seems like a very useful and fun geek toy )
Emailed already and knowing how quick testkits is to respond I imagine I will be up and running in no time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.