Fall Maintenance

Apr 13, 2019
Charlotte
Greetings!
I have a 20x40 hybrid inground pool and on my second year abandoning the cover in the south east. This pool has only one return and one skimmer. Both are used non-stop with pool skim on return (life saver) and original poolvergnuegen with giant leaf canitster on skimmer. With both of these robots working, I can keep the pool virutally clear as I combat leaves falling from the sky with a blower week to week. With my SWG useless when water temperature drops I've been adding liquid chlorine (10%) to combat the algea.

Question, with both the pool skim and leaf canitster constantly being filled and emptied during the fall am I essentially breaking down bio material creating algea through both of these leaf filters? Is it best I keep off the liquid chlorine until the last leaf falls? I find this year that I have added 6 gallons so far and get great results but then get that gorgeous green aqua color after a few days, pump running non-stop.
I appreaciate all the help past, present and future.

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

Your water is not algae free. It is not the leaves causing the algae.

You need to follow the SLAM Process and get your water algae free and the if you maintain the proper CYA/Fc ratio you should never see green water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.