Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I finally put the pool cover on... since this is my first real transition from summer to fall I want to be sure I’m not missing something... I’m eventually going to drain to bring down my CH, but I’d like to get a few more weekends out of it before I do. I found that I can put my suction side Navigator in the pool, turn the skimmer off and it runs decent at 1200 rpm. With cover on I am not sure if skimmer needs to be open anyway. And then on weekends water is about 85, and I use the M600 to do a good cleaning from whatever gets in the pool from the cover. I do try to clean cover before removal but am finding it to be a frustrating process. Once I do the drain I will review pool closing threads to see what else needs to be done.

Any other advice?

Why are you closing your pool?? That makes no sense here in the Southwest. You just leave it open all year round and just run the pumps less. There was one winter a few years back where I only ran my pool pump for 2 hours per day.

With an SWG, you simply run it until you hit the cold water cutoff temp (usually around 52F) and then you manually chlorinate with liquid chlorine. My pool uses so little FC over the winter that I think I used less than 2 gallons of 10% LC.

Reactions: proavia
Why are you closing your pool?? That makes no sense here in the Southwest. You just leave it open all year round and just run the pumps less. There was one winter a few years back where I only ran my pool pump for 2 hours per day.

With an SWG, you simply run it until you hit the cold water cutoff temp (usually around 52F) and then you manually chlorinate with liquid chlorine. My pool uses so little FC over the winter that I think I used less than 2 gallons of 10% LC.
Haha. It’s not really closing per se as much as realizing temperatures are going lower and I want to capture solar warmth for weekend use. I still have yet to do some annual tasks like cleaning cartridges, although pressure has not changed at all since Pool was built last year. Thanks for the FC advice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.