Failing oclt

Chippa

Jan 19, 2020
Western Australia
Hi All,

My pool has been humming along nicely but 2 days ago I started failing the oclt...everything was holding up fine until then.

We have had consistent warm weather and pool water temp has been up around 28 deg C during the day. I test my FC every night around 7pm after pump has been off for an hr then test again the next morning at around 7am before pump comes on and it had been around 5.5ppm before things started heading south.

Tested yesterday morning and FC had dipped down to 2ppm so i bumped it up to 5.5ppm with liqiud CL, checked it again around lunchtime and was holding steady..checked again at 7pm and was 5ppm.

This morning was back down to 2ppm so i have dosed it up again and turned up my SWG.

Water is crystal clear...no one peeing in pool or had large amounts of solids etc end up in pool....colt suggests that I have algae but I don't understand why things have gone out of whack.

Screenshot_20200208-082744.jpg

C,

If I understand your thread correctly, your pool is holding an FC of about 5 all day in the sunlight and then loses 3 ppm overnight while it is dark.????

That makes no sense at all to me... :scratch:

You should be using two or three ppm in the day with the SWCG off, and basically nothing over night..

Let's see if one of our chemical guys can come up with why...

Are you still using the ORP and pH sensors? What are you using to test the exact FC levels?

Thanks,

Jim R.

C,

If I understand your thread correctly, your pool is holding an FC of about 5 all day in the sunlight and then loses 3 ppm overnight while it is dark.????

That makes no sense at all to me... :scratch:

You should be using two or three ppm in the day with the SWCG off, and basically nothing over night..

Let's see if one of our chemical guys can come up with why...

Are you still using the ORP and pH sensors? What are you using to test the exact FC levels?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes I don't understand it either..??...I have disabled ORP sensor but have retained PH sensor which is staying in line with my testing kit (clear choice labs)

I have my PH currently set to 7.8 as I have been trying to lower my TA but it takes several days for the PH level to climb back up from say 7.2 > 7.6/7.7. I have also recently added 0.5kg of stabilzer to push it up to 70ppm, tested that also this morn but it didn't really change in my opinion.

I read it as the SWCG is now not covering the daily loss without a boost, the OCLT shows about 3ppm loss which roughly = the increased daytime loss.
bump fc up to slam level and follow till you pass an OCLT despite the water being clear... bet a couple days of slam level will be all you need.

I read it as the SWCG is now not covering the daily loss without a boost, the OCLT shows about 3ppm loss which roughly = the increased daytime loss.
bump fc up to slam level and follow till you pass an OCLT despite the water being clear... bet a couple days of slam level will be all you need.
Thx AusPhil ? so quick update from yesterday...FC was at 7.5ppm at midday..and I had bumped my EQ35 system up to level 5 which in theory is 62.5% for 10hrs.
Unfortunately I was not able to check my FC levels last night but this morning it was at 5.5ppm so I'm going to assume I lost 2 ppm overnight.

I'll give it another dose of liquid CL now to boost it up and see how it holds until tomoz.

Cheers Andrew ??

Reactions: AusPhil
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.