Faceplate and faceplate gasket fused to liner

ranand

Jul 21, 2012
Westfield, NJ
Tried to remove the faceplate for a Proline 93084 which is almost 15 years old. The skimmer was cracked. Outside gasket was leaking.
The inner gasket, proline 93084 was not a butterfly gasket, seems to be very well stuck. I pulled but the liner seemed to tear at the point I pulled.
Anything else I can use, it seems like the gasket used was not a pvc type instead a rubber version, to remove this plate and gasket.
Right now I am using a butterfly gasket with the gasket between the wall and the liner on the inside.

Thanks for the reply, the site and forum members are great!

its definitely stuck on there so the glue make sense though i don't why you would want that. In the end I chose to leave the faceplate on and use the butterfly gasket between the outside skimmer box, over the pool wall (nice and sharp and yes I got sliced on it), and underneath the liner. The difficulty with the butterfly gasket in this position is that it needs to be re-positioned periodically as you tighten as the liner presses upon it slightly unevenly even with a staggered screw tightening.

the old faceplate and new skimmer box setup works eventually with lots of slow cranking on the non-self tapping screws. after this and once the faceplate cracks i will have to patch the liner to remove it or replace the liner and skimmer entirely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.