Facebook Group - Trouble Free Pool (Not)

kne

Gold Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
Concord, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
A while back I saw there was a FB page called Trouble Free Pool. I joined, thinking it was you fine people, just in another land. I realized it was not TFP peeps. This weekend he changed the name of the group to Pool Owners Mafia. Not really newsworthy, just interesting.

1620245707777.png

Hmmmmmm? Now *that is interesting*! I wonder if too many good TFPers went over there and tried to help but they didn't really want sparkly clean pools. They all wanted you to sign up for their pool service disasters and buy pucks.
Good job doing the undercover work for us, Kne. A true TFPer you are! :goodjob:

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: bioguy and kne
Well, the name is back. Did someone from here take it over?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420-180338_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220420-180338_Facebook.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 8
TFP does have an inactive Facebook account that’s been around for almost a decade. To date we’re rocking a solid 3 members! This account was setup to “hold” the name if we ever wish to do more in the future with that platform. The group you linked to is in no way/shape/or form affiliated with this website.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
when I found the group last year I realized it was not TFP after a few posts, then they changed the name. When I got the alert that they changed the name BACK to Trouble Free Pool I was wondering if someone from here took it over.

TFP does have an inactive Facebook account that’s been around for almost a decade. To date we’re rocking a solid 3 members! This account was setup to “hold” the name if we ever wish to do more in the future with that platform. The group you linked to is in no way/shape/or form affiliated with this website.

How is it they are able to use the same name?

Reactions: Mdragger88
3 MEMBERS! That should tell you something.
& no posts in the recent past.
I too thought that there couldn’t be two groups with the same name. They may be slightly different so it made it through the algorithm. Or @Leebo could report them to the FB police 👮‍♀️

3 MEMBERS! That should tell you something.
My wife and I are two of those……..and I wanna say Jblizzle is maybe the third, but he’s out enjoying the desert life with his children whom are growing up way fast!!

I’m not sure any of the “rules” Facebook has when it pertains to things like these as I’ve more or less totally gave up hope for that platform. Much of this is personal feelings, but I personally believe that platform has some horrid leadership that’s not really looking out for it’s users. I used to somewhat enjoy using it, but now I’ve got a 5 minute per day timer set to limit usage so many of the rules they’ve got in place are foreign to myself.

A while back I saw there was a FB page called Trouble Free Pool. I joined, thinking it was you fine people, just in another land. I realized it was not TFP peeps. This weekend he changed the name of the group to Pool Owners Mafia. Not really newsworthy, just interesting.

View attachment 329823
I love when companies or people throw mafia in names. like it makes it sound more bad a&&.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kul and kne
Nope... there is a pool service co using the name "Trouble Free Pools"
Trademarks are automatic if they are unique and used publicly.

Trouble Free Pool is a trademark of troublefreepool.com due to extensive public use and they can send a cease and desist letter to the person using the name even if the trademark is not actually registered.

Copyright and trademark are basically automatic, but registering confers extra protections.

Copyrights are automatically generated by the creation of a work of art.

Publishing can help establish that the work is actually from an author or artist, but registration provides the best protection.

TFP can register a trademark for the name if they want but a trademark is automatic if it is used in a public way.

A pool service using the name Trouble Free Pool is probably a trademark infringement and the person is trading on the reputation of this site.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.