EZ Touch Timeout/Shock technique?

KingpenM3

Jul 2, 2020
Louisiana
Couple of questions here,

How does the Timeout feature work? I though it was basically a Service Mode that just lasted 3 hours? Can you set out long it will stay in Timeout? I put my board into Timeout last night at 10:00, and it was still in timeout today at noon.

What is a good way to work the pump during a shock? If I put shock in at the end of the day, how long should I run the pump? All night? Or just a few hours? (this is just a maintenance shock, not an opening)

I'm sure I'm overthinking this, but it just seems like when I'm ready to shock the pool, but there are programs still running (hot tub running and heating). I can kill the programs, drop the shock in the pool, kick on the pool pump for a set number of hours, either from the Screen Logic, or on the EZtouch, and then walk away and the next day everything is automated as usual. Thanks for any input!

Why are you "shocking" the pool when you have a SWG? Just maintain the proper FC/CYA ratio following the FC/CYA Levels. Maintenance shock is never needed.

I have never shocked my pool in 20 years of running a SWG.

@Jimrahbe may be able to answer about TIMEOUT mode.

I suggest you review ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

M3,

I too cannot understand why you are shocking your pool on a routine basis.. That is what people that use tablets do.. With a SWCG, if you just keep your FC and CYA in the proper relationship, you should never have to shock your pool again.. Like Allen, I have never added any Pool $tore shock in the past 20 years..

See the saltwater section of this chart.. FC/CYA Levels

I don't believe that you can access the Service or Timeout modes from ScreenLogic. Not sure why the system did not reset, but as you stated, the Timeout mode should reset back to Auto after 3 hours.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: GDN
So I guess this proves that I have gotten to the point that I have completely confused myself!

Instead of starting another thread, let me throw this question out to yall-

(Current test: FC-2.71, TCL-2.89, pH-7.49, Alk-77.32, CH-234.67, CYA-44.95)

I need to up my stabilizer and my FC, after I get the CYA up to 70, should I just crank the SWG up to the max until I can reach the FC (5 FC @ 70 CYA acording to the chart)? Or should I also supplement with bleach? Thanks!

When I want to raise my FC I use the Boost function pressing LESS and MORE at the same time and the IntelliChlor runs at 100% for 24 hours. This would generate 7 ppm of cl in your 16.K pool.

M3,

I tend to use Liquid Chlorine (or Bleach) rather than the boost mode, but either way will work.

I also try to keep my FC at my target, or higher, as I never want to get close to the minimum.. I do not try to keep my FC between 3 and 5. Sometimes I slip a little below 5 but that is OK as I never get to 3 ppm. I guess my point is I don't worry about a cloudy day causing my FC to be a little high, I only worry about it going too low.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.