Extreme learning curve Please HELP!!!!

Have had a couple of gorgeous mid 70 s sunshiny days here in NC. Test results and pic below. Have had a drop in CYA and am adding more water now as a result of what was frequent back washing. So now FC a lil high but I think it will be ok specially with adding water. I am not needing to back wash hardly at all. I did i it 3 days ago and then yesterday even though the pressure was not up any. Pool still cloudy but I feel like I can see a little deeper each day. The last pic I was trying to show that you can see down a ways. Have been running the Robot and last night when it was finished with its cycle there was not much debris in it at all. Hope we are close to a sparkling clear pool very soon. A Friend at work and another buddy that has a pool are giving me a hard time telling me I’m gonna have to go to the pool store to get it clear. I’m sticking with the SLAM. I will show them the TFP way.... lol:rockon:
FC-13
CC-1
CYA-30

Looking good, keep up the hard work. It will pay off soon.

Reactions: Beerfloater
Subscribing to follow along with the transformation. What is your water temp I didn't see that listed?
Thanks for the interest in my ongoing pool transformation. When I read your question I thought to myself.....that is a good question. I have not even checked the temp. Does the water temp affect the SLAM process? I am going out of town for a short trip. Leaving this afternoon, and will be home Sunday afternoon / evening. So my plan is to make sure everything is good, and still at Slam level before I leave. I will throw the thermometer in today, and let you know the temp. along with my other test results. I was not able to check anything this morning as it was pouring rain when I left for work. I do have the robot in the pool set on the auto cycle for everyday so it should make a pass while I am at work.

Thanks for the interest in my ongoing pool transformation. When I read your question I thought to myself.....that is a good question. I have not even checked the temp. Does the water temp affect the SLAM process? I am going out of town for a short trip. Leaving this afternoon, and will be home Sunday afternoon / evening. So my plan is to make sure everything is good, and still at Slam level before I leave. I will throw the thermometer in today, and let you know the temp. along with my other test results. I was not able to check anything this morning as it was pouring rain when I left for work. I do have the robot in the pool set on the auto cycle for everyday so it should make a pass while I am at work.

If the temp is below 50s the algae is dormant. Your SLAM is taking a long time and although I know you say you are making progress, I really can't tell from the pictures you are posting. Is it possible that chlorine has little/no affect on dormant algae? I don't know the answer to this question but that would explain a lot. It is most likely doing something but seems to be working very slowly.

Reactions: Beerfloater
It is taking a long time, but as Allen said earlier, the chlorine in the pool is chowing down on your orangics. Sounds like you've taken a lot of out there; keep on keepin on, you'll get there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I found an old thread that addresses the question about chlorine performance in colder temps. I did not know how to reference it here though so I copied and pasted the title below. Seems the colder temps does slow the process. but the weather is turning warmer pretty quick now so hopefully things will speed up.
Does pool shocking work more slowly in cold weather?

Will anyone be at home who can pour some liquid chlorine in the pool daily while you're gone? That would keep something going even if not the exact amount you would add (per PoolMath).

Maddie :flower:
no but I will only be gone one day without monitoring, and it is supposed to be cloudy and rainy, and it usually stays pretty steady if its cloudy. I plan to raise it a little above SLAM level before I leave today.

no but I will only be gone one day without monitoring, and it is supposed to be cloudy and rainy, and it usually stays pretty steady if its cloudy. I plan to raise it a little above SLAM level before I leave today.

You said your CYA went down you could throw in a couple of tabs in a floater and kill two birds with one stone (if you have room for more CYA). Can't see your current POOLMATH stats.

Just got home and threw the thermometer in. Turned the robot on for an extra cycle. Test results below. I guess my new batch of liquid chlorine is a little stronger than the last cause FC is high now.
water temp-62 degrees
FC-16
CYA-30

Attachments

• F1051D71-1D9D-469D-82DB-9C4B9C9B1196.jpeg
    F1051D71-1D9D-469D-82DB-9C4B9C9B1196.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 26
Photos don’t really show it but I can tell a difference in the water clarity. If your expect a bright blue color I don’t think that will happen the pool liner has tan looking pebbles on it so I don’t think it will look bright blue. I will try to get a pic close enough you can see it.

Attachments

• 108B2F41-1BEC-4808-96AE-4837667449C0.jpeg
    108B2F41-1BEC-4808-96AE-4837667449C0.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 36
So I just scrolled thru this entire thread looking for a picture of your equipment pad. Specifically the filter size. But doing that shows me a lot of progress in clearing up that green lagoon in 3 weeks. Yeah, its feels like for-evah! But seriously, how long did it take to go so lagoon green?

Keep up the good work...... and can I see your sand filter??

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.