Extra Outlets

Slaru

Bronze Supporter
May 18, 2020
Atlanta, GA
We have just completed the decking phase of our build and are considering extra electrical outlets around the pool as suggested by so many on the forums. Where are these outlets placed exactly. As in, are they mounted on a pole or stake? For those who have done so, please post pics of locational. I’d like to have this done before the landscapers come in for sure. Thanks.

We have one on a stake at the back of the shelter we build on the deck. Perfect for the robot because it is also in line with the center of the pool. We also have 1 each near the post lamps we have on the corners of the deck. To be honest, those do not really get used much, but they are nice to have for moving the power washer around in the spring.

Reactions: Slaru and Silvio
We added one along the fence behind the raised back wall of our pool, and is on a pole similar to those mentioned above.

You mentioned that you just finished the decking, so I would think your options would be limited as to where you can add an outlet without damaging your decking and/or the underground pipes and conduit for your pool. Do you happen to have any open trenches for the plumbing/electrical that you can utilize, or have they already been buried?

Reactions: Silvio
We added one along the fence behind the raised back wall of our pool, and is on a pole similar to those mentioned above.

You mentioned that you just finished the decking, so I would think your options would be limited as to where you can add an outlet without damaging your decking and/or the underground pipes and conduit for your pool. Do you happen to have any open trenches for the plumbing/electrical that you can utilize, or have they already been buried?
Unfortunately, my PB was not very communicative over the holidays. So when the subs would show up, we wouldn’t know it until they were outside. So we didn’t really have a chance to inquire about adding little things last minute. The pavers are in, but I think we can probably add an outlet at the edge of the decking near the future lounge chairs for charging phones and using plug and play speakers. There is an outlet already at the equipment pad for a robot (figured we will use the suction side cleaner since we have it for now).

I added 2 while my trenches were still open and connected them into my pool control panel on their own circuits. They are both in my landscaping. One I use for a sump pump when emptying the pool and for Christmas lights in the winter. The other one I plug in the low voltage landscape lighting. Where were you going to run yours from? Check your local codes they may be required to be at a certain depth and for sure both should be GFI. Also use weatherproof housings. I believe in most cases they are required to be at least 8 feet from the pool edge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.