Extra glass tile ideas?

Hi All,

i have some extra glass 1x2 tiles (10sqft). We are using the glass to accent a raised beam and for the steps. Since I have quite a bit of extra, give me some ideas about what to do with it!

My wife already said NO to using it to make symbols in the deep end.

Anyone else done anything cool with the extra tile?

Don't put them in your pool. No designs on the bottom. Those always end up looking dated.

As Killer95Stang suggests: elsewhere in your yard.

- Create a lamp shade with the tile as accents over your outdoor table.

- Inlay the tile into an end table for the chaise lounges.

- Decorate planters or plant pots. Out in the yard, or as a center piece for your table.

- Hot pads.

- Coasters.

- Fence post caps.

- Wind chime.

- Wall decoration or picture frame.

- Serving tray.

- Decorate exterior of fire pit (or a ring along the interior if they can withstand the heat, reflecting the flames).

You get the idea...

If you're determined to put them in your pool (if that's what you were actually asking), then I like what Yorker did: five simple squares, spaced apart, right down the middle of his pool. You can just make them out in this pic. Subtle, classy, timeless:

New Construction: Cathedral City CA - Page 35

Definitely NOT a letter or letters. You might want to sell this house some day, and you'll have to find a buyer with your initials!! ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.