External pump demand input into intellicenter

rozza12

Apr 23, 2024
Australia
Hi,
I have recently installed an intellicenter and VSF pump (dual body shared equipment) to control an indoor pool/spa combo.

The pool hall has an existing dehumidifier/water/air heater installed (calorex variant).

This unit regulates the pool environment independently of the intellicenter. It has a voltage free contact to activate the pool pump (when not running) for temperature sampling and if need keep on for water heating. This does not happen on a regular schedule.

I can set up a feature to have the pump running, valves configured, sanitiser off but I can not find a way to have this triggered by the external device, ie, there is no external input into the intrllicenter.

The workaround suggested by the dehumidifier manufacture was to add a relay in parallel to the time clock to manually activate the pump but this doesn’t work with the VSF pump as 240v is always on.

Can this be done, ever if it is a workaround?

Thanks

Roy

Welcome to TFP.

Thinking through ways to do what you want…

If you are into software connect a RPi with nodeJS Pool Controller to the IntelliCenter. Then the folks on GitHub should be able to help you setup nodeJS to trigger a feature circuit on the IntelliCenter.

Otherwise research if you can use the Cover Card in the IntelliCenter to trigger a Feature Circuit.

Even simpler way is to use a relay to simulate a IS4 spa controller button push. You program in the IntelliCenter what Circuit the button turns on or off.

Pentair_Spaside_4_Button_Remote_Schematic.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply.
Would prefer to avoid software as issues always seem to develop over time with updates.
I had wondered about the is4 route I am glad it is that simple.
The signal from dehumidifier is a continuous closed when there is demand… a presume the is4 needs a push on push off type signal. That transformation is probably doable.

Also is there a way of giving a hierarchy to particular features, eg, would want the feature to run if the pump is off but if another feature was running with a higher pump speed then I wouldn’t want it stopped or the pump turned down..

Roy

IS4 is a toggle push on or off.

Higher speed feature always takes precedence. So if another feature is running requesting a higher pump speed it will continue to run.