Existing pool at new house

Nov 30, 2009
North Florida
Hi All,

Been three years since my last post - moved to another state and just recently bought a two year old house with a pool - finally!

Last pool was 20x40 with a 10’ deep end - new pool is about 12x30 with a 5’ deep end. Last pool had a wired remote panel - new pool has no remote control. Both have gas heaters. Both use chlorine tabs. New one has a UV sanitizer. Last pool had an integrated spa - new pool does not have a spa (no electric valves). Last pool was Pentair based - new one is Hayward. Last pump was single speed - new pump is dual speed.

So, my first action is to install some type of wireless controller - given the basic nature (no spa), and I don't want to run wire, what are my wireless controller options? I do want to be able to turn pump on/off, change speeds, turn heater on/off, change temp, and reprogram timer functions - all from the remote.

Gah ... didn’t write it down ,,, still moving into the house from another location.

Randomly shot photos attached of other components.

Attachments

• 3D131C62-D64F-46BC-929C-EA4F4F9F5CDA.jpeg
    3D131C62-D64F-46BC-929C-EA4F4F9F5CDA.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 14D3B1B2-D344-4B76-B9AB-C87C2FFD03AD.jpeg
    14D3B1B2-D344-4B76-B9AB-C87C2FFD03AD.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 18
  • E268ED75-F8D8-4560-8C54-7BED77C10DEE.jpeg
    E268ED75-F8D8-4560-8C54-7BED77C10DEE.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 20
  • DB89898F-7907-4E6C-BB04-326060E4179D.jpeg
    DB89898F-7907-4E6C-BB04-326060E4179D.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 96B41791-6BFD-4AAB-AFA7-54CA6F8DFCC7.jpeg
    96B41791-6BFD-4AAB-AFA7-54CA6F8DFCC7.jpeg
    584.8 KB · Views: 20
Ok. so you have a Hayward Prologic or Aqualogic automation system. From what you posted it didn't sound like you had any automation.

Look under the Accessories tab and you will see the wireless options for a Prologic system.

Last edited:
Thanks, ajw!

Given my basic needs - no selectable valves, only one basic set of lights, two speed pump, heater (want to be able to turn on and off plus change temp) ... what is the best solution? Does the PS-4 allow programming, and temp setting? I like wall mounting cause you can’t lose it ?

Does the PS-4 allow programming, and temp setting? I like wall mounting cause you can’t lose it ?

I would think so but I am not a Hayward guy and never put my hands on one. Call inyopools and see if they can answer your questions.

@InyoRob

Wilco.

Attaching pump data photo and overall system photo.

From looking at the photo, and given the pool is in northern Florida, is there a reason to consider other modifications for ease of use? It looks pretty simple with manual valves, automated chlorine system and UV sanitizer. Not sure I would have built it this way myself, but it is what it is.

As always, thanks for any comments or recommendations!

Attachments

• IMG_4845.jpeg
    IMG_4845.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4848.jpeg
    IMG_4848.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4850.jpeg
    IMG_4850.jpeg
    599.8 KB · Views: 8
Found out a bit more ... spoke with pool builder - related to the BlueHaven branding. He said they no longer advice separate suction or even shared for pump based cleaners - they are now almost exclusively using electric systems - noted their relative energy efficiency and ease of use.

I tried the basic hose and suction off the single pump from one of the skimmer suction drains - I think it could work, but it seemed to negatively affect the pump pressure head with on and off dry cycling.

Found out a bit more ... spoke with pool builder - related to the BlueHaven branding. He said they no longer advice separate suction or even shared for pump based cleaners - they are now almost exclusively using electric systems - noted their relative energy efficiency and ease of use.

I tried the basic hose and suction off the single pump from one of the skimmer suction drains - I think it could work, but it seemed to negatively affect the pump pressure head with on and off dry cycling.

A vacuum pool cleaner connected to the suction side of the pump and filter is the worst type of pool cleaning system you can choose. I would not recommend anyone use a vacuum cleaning system now.

Many folks here are happy with robot pool cleaners, particularly the Maytronics Dolphin cleaners. Check the Pool Cleaners section for where folks are buying them at a good price.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.