Exercise pool cleaning

Tubeman

May 18, 2020
Belgium
Hi all,

We recently bought an above ground exercise pool from Riptide, the Atlantis Pro 5.8 , a 5.85m x 2.35m x 1.52m (approx. 19 x 8 x 5 feet) pool and are waiting for it to be delivered. Most of the time the pool will be covered to save energy but it is located right next to some large trees so when it is open there will surely be dirt falling into it. I have been searching through these forums and already found a lot of useful information regarding pool maintenance but I could not find the answer to my question.

For cleaning sand, leaves and other debris from the bottom of the pool I found that the Pool Blaster Max Li is often recommended for small pools but when I look at reviews I see that a lot of people complain that they die after a year or two at most (although some say that they have had it for 5+ years). Where I live, that Pool Blaster would cost at least $270 and I feel that's a bit expensive to risk having to replace it every year or two. I have also been looking at a pool robot to do the cleaning but I'm afraid that this is overkill for a pool this small and I also haven't found any small ones that would be able to clean the steps.

Do any of you have a recommendation on which product or type of vacuum I should be looking into? Is a pool robot a good idea and do I just manually sweep the dirt from the steps to the bottom of the pool or is a manual rechargeable vacuum the better option? If the price of having this pool includes buying a new Pool Blaster every (two) year(s), then so be it but if there would be some more durable alternatives I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

I found that the Pool Blaster Max Li is often recommended for small pools but when I look at reviews I see that a lot of people complain that they die after a year or two at most (although some say that they have had it for 5+ years).

My Pool Blaster Max is in its 6th season and works great on maple and oak leaves and needles from white pines (and the big ugly spiders). I thought it "died" about two years ago but turned out the charger failed and the battery was not charging. Not very expensive to replace that.

Look at this brand new write up!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.