Excess water due to huge rainfall

Jun 6, 2015
Marathon/Florida
I have never had such a problem with my pool overflowing.. even after the most severe hurricane. The ground is so saturated that the level of water does not go down, therefore I need to know the safest and smartest way to drain out obout 2 or 3 inches of water so as not to cause contamination from ground debris/ and damage to my equipment.

Do you have a sump pump? Does your pool equipment pad have a hose bib after the pump?

Your signature shows a 'cylinder filter'. I am assuming that is a cartridge filter, correct?
OK -- then you need to purchase a sump pump. As you need it now, your best bet is Home Depot or Lowes. Though if you are really in Marathon, not sure what you have available.

I am in the Keys..in Marathon..which is like a third world country when shopping since Irma. Will probably have to go online to get a pump.
I read somewhere that you can open the tiny little drain at the bottom of the cylinder if you need to empty out some water, but the only time I use that drain is when I am cleaning the filter. It did not sound like something I should do while the pump is operating!
At any rate, the water overflowed the pool last week, over the next few days the level only slightly receeded, new rainfall overnight brought it back to the top of the tile right at the line of the rust colored coping. We will be getting up to 4 more inches of rain tonight and tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20200524_114048_resized.jpg
    20200524_114048_resized.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 8
You can take out the drain on your cartridge filter housing. It will pump out very strong with the pump running.

You really need a sump pump to have available. I got mine via Amazon. Superior 1/2 hp. Works great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.