ET8 how to wire additional lights?

JDLT11

Jun 27, 2016
Fontana, CA
Hi,

Looking for some help as I'm putting in some low voltage lighting in my backyard and would like to use the ET8 to automate the lights.

Using AUX 4 relay on the right hand side. Planning on using the GFCI power outlet on the power box.

I ran the another wire from the hot on the outlet to the relay on the first input (left side) then figured the return power would be the 3rd out. but its not working can you help with the wiring?

Maybe I'm doing this all wrong any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6699.JPG
    IMG_6699.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 8
then figured the return power would be the 3rd out.

3rd out? What does that mean?

You need to pickoff the hot wire from the GFCI protected side of the outlet to the AUX4 relay to the transfromer.

The transformer neutral need to connect back to the GFCI neutral aide of the outlet.

The GFCI outlet has an input and an output section . Top is usually the input and the bottom is usually the output.

You should come off the hot (black) output side of the GFCI outlet and go to pin 1 of the relay, then pin two of the relay goes to one of the wires on the primary of the light transformer.. the other side of the primary goes back to the Neutral (white) output side of the GFCI outlet.

Jim R.

Sorry not sure why its not working as it trips the GFCI as soon as I turn on the relay on ET. here is a picture of my GFCI.

Using the top left Hot to relay #1, #2 from relay coming back to light transformer.

For the White Line cable using the bottom right as that is the "Line White", also tried the top right "White Load" and both tripped the GFCI plug.

I have ground from the light transformer running directly to the ET Panel not sure.

Not sure what else to do, don't have any lights tied yet to the light transformer..

Attachments

• IMG_6700.JPG
    IMG_6700.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 6

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

You need to take both wires off the "load" side of the GFCI outlet. The black wire to the relay and the white wire coming back from the transformer must both connect to the load side of the GFCI outlet.

Don't take anything off the line side, otherwise it is not GFCI protected.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.