Error Code on Heater / how to resolve

Guys

i had the circuit breaker turned off to the heater and when i went to the e/pad to clean pump basket, i decided to turn on the breaker. When i did, i heard 2-3 soft clicking sounds while standing at heater. the keypad is still unplugged and i got the same error as when plugged. See pic i just took...does this mean it’s the c-board that’s bad now? Is there something else i can do to test?

Attachments

• 987CC09F-417B-4D2F-8FCE-7E53B6B15BD5.jpeg
    987CC09F-417B-4D2F-8FCE-7E53B6B15BD5.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
No, the keybad has not been replaced.

I unplugged the keypad wire harness from the circuit board, reassembled and when I turned it back on, the display went back to the normal "bo" when the VSP was on low speed, which the bo reading is a normal display. Since the keypad is unplugged, I just turned off the circuit breaker. As noted above, when I flipped on the circuit breaker, the error code is now the same as when the keypad was plugged in...currently, the keypad is unplugged.

Most likely, it's a bad display board.
I had already ordered the keypad assembly which will arrive tomorrow, thursday...if I install and all works, then I'm good to go. If new one does not, then I'll order the c-board and try the original keyboard assembly. If old one works, I'll send back the new keyboard assembly. IF old one does not and the new one does, then I'll keep both the new parts installed. Sound correct? Thoughts...

thank you

Reactions: markayash
Note that there is a display board and an Integrated Control Board.

They are both circuit boards.

I suspect that the display board is probably bad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, part came early and i installed the keypad assembly and it immediately went to “bo” upon turning the pump on so i thought i was home free. Then it turned back to the error code in about 5-10 secs.. So i guess I’m ordering the display board.

I’ll try display board w old keypad assembly first. If it wks, I’ll send back the keypad / if no and it takes both parts, then that’s that. Here’s the pics / thank you

Attachments

• 3624FB96-E80A-486C-8209-C1DF64DB662A.jpeg
    3624FB96-E80A-486C-8209-C1DF64DB662A.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 613C7936-4DC8-4A36-816D-ABD9A686015D.jpeg
    613C7936-4DC8-4A36-816D-ABD9A686015D.jpeg
    476.2 KB · Views: 3
Just received the display board but wanted to run this by the electronic folks to see if there’s an issue.

The side of the board w the components seems to have a raised “bubble-like” area where the plastic “shrink-wrap” did not adhere down to the green surface of the board. Is this going to be an issue if it later breaks or opens and allows the soldered areas to oxidize? It seems like everything in the center below the actual display icon has the raised/sticky area. The top half of the board is fine. It’s an actual Hayward OEM Product.

Thank you and pls advise, Tstex

Attachments

• 10795B55-8E09-4273-9107-9F3BB168A109.jpeg
    10795B55-8E09-4273-9107-9F3BB168A109.jpeg
    429.8 KB · Views: 6
The one that's in the heater now is not like this...I am going to send it back and make note that before the replacement is sent, that it needs to better checked...I have seen many printer circuit boards and have never seen this...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.