Erosion after excavation

TheNameIsSam

Sep 18, 2021
Arizona
So we had our pool excavated last month. Since then, it has rained a couple times. Nothing bad but one of those days it was hard rain.

I've noticed that at the bottom edges of the pool, there is a lot more dirt than when they excavated. With it being the weekend, I haven't contacted the pool builder. I was told that plumbing is next. Other than the drain, I don't think there will be many, if any, pipes at or near the bottom of the pool. However, I'm curious if anything can be done (dirt removed) once the plumbing is in let alone after the rebar.

Is this something I should I be concerned about or is it normal and taken care of before/during the next steps?

Thanks!
Sam

After they did the plumbing and steel on ours it rained and some dirt washed in. It wasn't a big area but I was afraid they would just shoot on top of it so I dug out the dirt myself for my own peace of mind. Having said that, I would want the excess removed.

After the plumber installs the main drains in the bottom of the deep end the steel reinforcement will be installed. Your pool shell floor should have the same look as it did when the excavaton crew left it at the end of their work, smooth and level. Each contractor that follows should respect that, demand no less from your P/B.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.