Eroded Connector to SWG (banana connector)

Renshi

Jun 29, 2015
Lexington/SC
So I started getting the low amps message on my AutoPilot which generally means my SWG is going bad but I just bought a new one 4 months ago so I started looking at everything else. Sure enough one of the wire connectors was corroded (actually finally corroded through). Does anybody know ehre I can purchase the same type of connector (female)? I'd like to go back with the exact same one if possible. If not I am looking at these. Does anybody see an issue with that? Has anybody done this and has advice?

Thinking about getting these if I can't find the exact replacements.
Link here

Attachments

• connector1.jpg
    connector1.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 12
  • connector2.jpg
    connector2.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 12
See if these folks can help you....

See if these folks can help you....

Those folks recommended I replace the main unit. So I suggested why not just replace the connector? They said give it a try if you are comfortable doing so. This is who I buy my SWG from though.

Thinking about getting these if I can't find the exact replacements.
I've bought many such parts from Amazon, with similar "quantity discount" prices. I'm usually sorry. That stuff can be of pretty poor quality, even if it looks good in the pictures. I don't have a recommendation for a good online supplier of electronic parts, because I'm still looking for one myself. Let's see if our expert knows:

@ogdento, do you have a reference for an online resource that sells good quality electronic components? The stuff I get on Amazon is usually crud.

Reactions: Renshi
<soap-box warning!> There's a shocking amount of garbage and/or counterfeit junk out there so if you need something that is really important or in any way a safety risk (i.e. has to handle a lot of current, is some specialty IC, is any lithium-type of battery, etc.) buy it from an authorized and/or reputable distributor <end soap-box>

suggestions, kindof in order...
  1. I mostly buy components from Mouser, Digikey, and Newark (and there are others) because I'm confident that their parts are authentic.
  2. AllElectronics and Futurlec are great "surplus-ish" type stores that also stock a lot of good quality regular/common components.
  3. eBay can be a good source of new and NOS parts but you have to be careful and really check out the sellers
  4. ymmv, but for me Amazon is an absolute last resort for electronic components because there's a lot of garbage on the platform.

• Love
Reactions: Dirk and Renshi
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.