Equipment Upgrade

Jun 22, 2010
I'm overdue for an equipment upgrade and wanted to get people's thoughts/recommendations. I have a 30K inground built around 1976 (bought the house in 2009). I have a pool/spa combo w/ a waterfall. My current equipment is listed in my signature. Over the past year I bought a Dolphin robot cleaner to replace the booster and side vacuum. That was a huge improvement!

My pump bearings died out at the end of season and I bought a new pump (Pentair Intelliflo 3HP VS). I'm upsizing my sand filter to a Pentair Triton II - TR100. I have a TR60 now. I also want to swap out the current rotary timer for an automation system (Pentair IntelliCenter i8PSIC60 Kit). I already have the Pentair IntelliBrite light in pool, but need to swap out the spa light (which is actually a large pool sized niche). I also want to install a slide for my kids (ages 8 and 6) which requires a 1" line.

I'm not a big fan of the local pool builder companies (have had bad luck), so I basically have to set it all up myself w/ possible assistance to the crew that opens/closes my pool (maintenance company). So, any guidance on the ideal setup would be appreciated. I realize I'm probably going to have to cut the first foot or so of that cement equipment pad with a cement saw to expose the pipes. The underground pipes are black poly and will likely need to be re-piped. Estimates of that have been around $20K so far. :(

Thanks.

Attachments

• Pool Equipment.jpg
    Pool Equipment.jpg
    788.3 KB · Views: 23
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.