Northern California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm still in the planning stages for a pool remodel and I got the first design back from the landscape architect. She's got this small little space in the corner for pool gear and it made me start to think about requirements for the pad. I think my county requires 3' of clearance from the fence line to the gear (need to confirm this). As part of the remodel I'm going to remove the gear, put down pavers and reinstall everything.

I'm trying to figure out how big my pad needs to be. I have a pool pump, filter and booster pump (which may go in favor of either a suction side cleaner or a robot - TBD) so I don't think I'll need too big of a pad, but I want to add a salt system and automation for lights, bubblers and maybe a few sheer decent (still TBD on that one). From some of the pictures I've seen there are no limits on how to arrange gear or how to plumb it, but are there any good guidelines?

I know I don't want any pipes, coming through the pad so I don't have to take it apart to deal with broken pipes or other issues. Does any of the gear need to be bolted down? The pump has bolt holes but the filter doesn't. I'm thinking about putting the automation controller on the fence behind the gear but that's 3' away, is there anything I should be worried about?

PoolPad1.jpgPoolPad2.jpg

No equipment needs to be bolted down.

Give yourself room between equipment to move around and work on it. I would say plan for 18 to 24 inches between equipment.

Allow space around the electrical panels to work on them without bumping into other equipment. So put the panels to the side of the equipment and not directly behind it.

You may find more ideas in...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.