Equipment pad/pool house suggestions

Bosley

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 23, 2018
Edmonton, alberta
We are trying to nail down our plans as spring is finally approaching. Our plumber is coming out in mid march to evaluate things and measure for gas lines etc so we need to finalize placement of the equipment.
We are considering to building a second garage. 14X28 beside our existing garage and putting all the equipment in there along with a half bath. We can't afford to build it this year on top of installing the pool and building a deck around it etc. Option "A". Best case senario is we pour a concrete pad to put all the equipment on then next season add the rest of the concrete floor for the garage and finish the garage build next season. I could then park the mower & quads etc in there as well. I won't have the time to pour all the concrete this spring.
Option "B". Build a pool house beside the pool and put equipment & half bath in there. The thing we don't like about that is we already have a 12X16 shed on the North side of the pool and think it would look odd.
Option "C". Move the hot tub to the West corner of the upper deck and build a pool house where the hot tub currently sits. The downfall to that is the upper deck height is 5' which means that if we build a pool house there it will block our view of the pool and fire pit which is near the pool as well.

We think Option "B" is the cheapest while Option "A" is the best choice but considerably more expensive and also the furthest from the pool for running plumbing lines.

Any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

• POOL.png
    POOL.png
    947.9 KB · Views: 38
You rang????? hehe I am happy to help you set this all up. First off I need to see a pic of the real yard/house. Looking at the house and from the house.

Option C is a no go from the very beginning. You do NOT want to block your view from the house so that one is off the table.

Septic-do you have a septic field or are you on city sewer? Where is that in relation to to everything?

Now on to the practical.....a room or building to put the equipment in is not always the best way to go. It has to be very well vented as well as waterproof with a way for the water to escape out of the room. Pool equipment=wet work at times.

Give your self some time to think about all of this and to post the pics I asked for. Once I can see where your thoughts and such are we can see what is what!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Arizonarob
Bosley,

As Kim points out, if you put your equipment in a shed or building, you will need a floor drain or a way to get rid of water.. In my case, my equipment pad is in an enclosed shed. Around the equipment pad itself is an 18" deep and foot wide trench with small river rocks.. This allow any excess water to drain off. I am lucky that we have sandy soil so that draining is not an issue.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Was -40C this AM. Almost hurt taking these pictures. Unfortunately google does not have good aerial views of my area. We are near a major river and the soil here is sand sand and more sand!
The main reason we wanted to enclose the equipment is noise, out of sight of mind, and since we want to install a half bath anyhow figured would just keep it all together.
Anyhow here are a couple pics. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• yard1.jpg
    yard1.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 21
  • yard2.jpg
    yard2.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 20
Definitely doable. another one of our options as that is facing east and will be much less shade. was just thinking the closer it is to the house the less trenching to do. especially with putting in a half bath, we will need to winterize all the lines.

my wife and i had thought about that side as well..we were in the hot tub tonight and looking more, we think the pool equipment on the east side of the pool and half bath against the garage between the bar and A/C unit. my wife has great visuals but I cant see anything until its built!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, I'm suggesting putting it where you the back wall of the future garage will be so that when that is built it can incorporate the pool equipment within. Or make it a dormer shed now so that it is a turns the shed's back wall section into the wall the future garage and future bathroom.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.