Equipment help!

Poolnewb71

Mar 24, 2022
Indianapolis
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Hi! I’m excited about joining the forum to learn more about our new pool. I need some advice on equipment. We did a little research, but now we are thinking that we didn’t do enough! Here is what we will be getting very soon. Pool is fiberglass and 9750 gallons:
Jandy 1.85HP VS pump
Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter
Jandy TruGuard mineral sanitizer
Pentair BioShield UV
Paramount Clear O3 ozonator
Jandy iaqualink IQ
Polaris Alpha IQ robotic cleaner

We were told to go with the UV/O3 system because it is healthier for us and our dogs. Is this system good or should we have gone with a SWG? We are concerned about the actual amount of chlorine needed and maintenance. Any feedback is appreciated!

Hi, Welcome to TFP!!! You will find a bunch of good information and help here.

Here are a couple pieces that may help with the UV & ozonator.

Reactions: Poolnewb71
Didn't see the mineral system.
More reading:

You make the assertion that a UV/O3 system is healthier for you and your dogs and you are concerned with the actual amount of chlorine.

Why are you concerned?

You need to learn about how the combination of CYA and chlorine keeps the amount of active chlorine low and is the best sanitizer for a pool. Read …

You make the assertion that a UV/O3 system is healthier for you and your dogs and you are concerned with the actual amount of chlorine.
I think, the way I read it, maybe their pool builder is making that assertion? Could be wrong. Sometimes it's hard to read text...

Go with the SWG all day long! Dont waste money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.