Equipment checklist

Richardz202

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2019
MA
Hi all,

I have a new inground 15x35 build going on. I have already purchased the Pentair 1.5 VS pump. I just want to be certain with over sizing my filter and swg before making the purchase.

I’m really torn between sand versus cartridge options. I hear good and bad things from
Both. It sounds like oversizing my cartridge filter will be the best option with a SWG install for chemical stability.

is a 525 sq’ cartridge filter “oversizing” a 15 x 35 20,000 gal pool?

when purchasing a swg, I’m reading to double the size of the pool volume. How important is this, a 30,000 versus a 40,000swg.

thank you!

Quick update:

I’ve been leaning towards circu-pool SJ-40 For my swg.

and I like what I’m reading on the Pentair pacfab 420 sq’.

just wondering if any alarms are being triggered in the experts heads as I’m putting this equipment list together.
Thank you!

Purchase as big a cartridge filter as your budget allows. I have 8500 gallon pool with Pentair 550(?) , double check me on my sig. As for the SWG , remember you are purchasing your chlorine in advance. So again budget issue. Most folks buy the biggest SWG and can get away with running it at a low%, helps with the durability I believe. ( others will correct me on that since I am a Stenner pump guy )

Wow that is some serious oversizing on your filter!!!
I was thinking about going with the 550 for my 20k gal pool. I’m ok cleaning the cartridges once or twice in a 3 month New England summer. But with all my pine and oak trees I’m a little worried, I’ve looked at the manufactures sizing chart and I was going off of that. Might go up 1 size.

thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.