Empty valve assignments

cryptyk

Mar 5, 2022
San Diego
First, has anyone EVER opened their EasyTouch cabinet without almost losing a finger from the industrial strength latches? Those things could launch a small animal into orbit.

Second, I'm trying to filter my spa once per week just to move water through the pipes. I have the schedule as follows:
1666020898631.png

When 8:15am comes around, the system starts filtering the spa, but the heater comes on, even though I have Heat Command set to Off.
I've also tried setting Change Heat Set Point to a really low number, like 55, but when I try that, the valves set themselves into Spa mode, but the filter doesn't turn on (nor the heater).

Is there a way to schedule the valves to be in spa mode, the filter to run, but have the heater turned off?

Thanks!

I adopted this system and have basically taken it apart, put it back together, and set everything up from scratch. It was a mess before. Cut wires, rat damage, 24/7 filtering at 2700 RPM, etc.

I'm trying to figure out the valve assignments screen and how it relates to the pool/spa valves I have. When I bought the house, the setup was:
Valve A: Wire that ran outside the cabinet but was cut.
Valve B: No wire.
Valve assignment screen had Valve A set to "Spa" and Valve B unused.

I removed the unused wire and I'm assuming that I should just mark the Valve A assignment as UNUSED, right? The controller seems to manage the pool/spa mix valves on both the suction side and the return side when I change between pool and spa mode, so it seems to be working. I guess I'm just not sure what Valve A and B are supposed to be used for?

Assuming you have an Easytouch?

Valve A and B are for user defined processes. So if you do not have a need for an automated valve outside of the Spa Suction and Return, then there should be no assignment for those valves.

You have to give us some clues as to the system and equipment you have.

Post pics of your controller, the board, equipment, and valves.

What "app" are you looking at the valve assignment screen?

I'm trying to get my waterfall to automatically turn on the pump when activated. Right now, pressing the waterfall circuit will change the return valve to send water to the waterfalls, but it won't turn the pump on. This basically means I need to select "pool" mode to turn on the pump, then select waterfall. I thought that setting the waterfall to "Circuits need high speed pump" would do it, but it's not.
Can anyone give me a tip to get the waterfall circuit to automatically turn on the pump?

1666021463074.png

1666021484490.png

1666021516301.png

Sorry -
EasyTouch 8 (v1)
Here's the valve screen:
1666021596653.png

@mknauss - Thanks. I don't have anything else that automatically needs to come on with the spa/pool except the suction/return valves, so I think I'm good.

Out of curiosity, what are these typically used for and why are they "different" than just setting up a circuit to come on with the pool or spa?

If you have a separate waterfall, do you not need a valve to open up the line to that waterfall?

If you have a means for the spa to flow into the pool, then why do you need to run the spa without heat?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you have a separate waterfall, do you not need a valve to open up the line to that waterfall?

Sorry - a few threads got merged for being related, so it's kind of confusing above.

I have a separate waterfall with a separate valve. That's on Aux3, is set to require high speed pump, and has a pump speed of 3400.
Pushing the waterfall button changes the waterfall valve, but doesn't turn on the pump. I need to turn on both Pool and Waterfall to get the waterfall working.

The waterfall is totally unrelated to the spa.

If you have a means for the spa to flow into the pool, then why do you need to run the spa without heat?

I want to run water through all the pipes at lease once weekly. The return has a spa makeup valve, so there's always water running through the spa return. What I'd like to do is pull water from the spa on the suction side once per week. The only way to do that is to put the system into Spa mode and turn the pump on. I can't find a way to do that without also turning on the heater.

Then either Valve A or B must be assigned to actuate the valve for the Waterfall. Then the Feature Circuit for the Waterfall set up to run. Do you have that scheduled or on an Egg Timer?

As you show above, when the Feature Waterfall is selected, the pump should operate.

No real reason to pull water through the Spa Suction as you state, but if you wish, you would need to disable Spa Manual Heat to turn off Heat when selecting Spa Function.

Then either Valve A or B must be assigned to actuate the valve for the Waterfall. Then the Feature Circuit for the Waterfall set up to run. Do you have that scheduled or on an Egg Timer?

As you show above, when the Feature Waterfall is selected, the pump should operate.

No real reason to pull water through the Spa Suction as you state, but if you wish, you would need to disable Spa Manual Heat to turn off Heat when selecting Spa Function.
Super helpful. thank you.
I thought spa manual heat would only turn on the heater when I manually chose to turn on the spa. I didn't think a scheduled automation would do so. I'll go try again with Spa Man Heat off.

For the waterfall, right now it's hooked up to the Aux 3 circuit. If I push the Aux3 button, the waterfall valve opens accordingly. If the pool pump "happens" to be running at that time, the pump will increase speed to the correct rpm and I get a waterfall.
The problem is that if the pool pump is not running (like at 10pm) and I push the waterfall button, the waterfall valve opens, but the pump doesn't start up. I'd like the pump to come on automatically when the waterfall circuit is activated.

Hope that makes sense!

There is no need to use a relay for the Waterfall. Use a Feature Circuit for the Waterfall. The valve should be assigned as Valve A (and plugged into that port) and assigned to your Waterfall circuit. The Waterfall Circuit should be assigned a Pump Flow (RPM) on the Pump Screen.

Then on the Feature page of Screenlogic, you will select the Waterfall Feature, and it will turn the valve and start the pump.

There is no need to use a relay for the Waterfall. Use a Feature Circuit for the Waterfall. The valve should be assigned as Valve A (and plugged into that port) and assigned to your Waterfall circuit. The Waterfall Circuit should be assigned a Pump Flow (RPM) on the Pump Screen.

Then on the Feature page of Screenlogic, you will select the Waterfall Feature, and it will turn the valve and start the pump.
Awesome.
So basically Valve A/B can automatically turn on the pump where an Aux circuit cannot?

I'll go move the waterfall wiring over to Valve A tonight when I get home. Excited to try it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.