Emergency!!! OIL SPILL. Need help STAT

Gosh, you have done quite a bit and luckily it is just vegetable oil. I would be tempted to go around the tile a time or two with a soapy sponge, throw some more tennis balls in and call it a day. Oh and let the kid swim, maybe even play catch with him with one of the tennis balls in the pool.

And barkeepers friend is awesome on our stainless pots, but I'm not sure it would be best at cleaning up oil at least not enough to introduce some unknown chemicals into my pool.

Did a quick search how to remove vegetable oil pool. Found this. Not sure if this is legit or bologna:

Did a quick search how to remove vegetable oil pool. Found this. Not sure if this is legit or bologna:
The writer of the article works for Natural chemistry, which makes Pool Perfect and Pool First Aid.

Pool First Aid is probably the product he is referring to.

To digress, now I know to go with the oil free.
Yup.. Betcha won't make that mistake again... Just like I won't just grab any old pressure gauge out of the tool box to test the household water tank. "Someone" could have used it a few years
prior to test the oil burner.... :hammer: We had some very Shiny water for some time. The wife was wicked impressed .... I was amazed how long it took to clear up what was most likely one drop of oil...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got it.
Are you saying pool perfect with the green scotch Brite or blue non-scratch scotch Brite pads?

I know porcelain tiles pretty bombproof but could scratch I assume

Just catching the tail end of this thread but try some microfiber towels/rags on the water line - be prepared to chunk em if they don’t wash well or get too nasty. I haven’t come across much that a damp microfiber wouldn’t help clean up.

Reactions: Newdude
I agree with the Pool Perfect approach but am confused with the 1st sentence of the starting post..... “trying to lower the pH from 100 to 70”. What does that mean?

They’ve been recommended and used here more times than I can count, But I reserve the right to be wrong as always. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.