Electronics Questions (CircuPool, BlueWorks, Calimar, Pureline, etc.)

Seadweller

Aug 21, 2009
Tampa Bay Area
So, I've gone to the extent of researching import data to determine the manufacturer of the salt systems mentioned in the title, and found they're all from the same company. Despite that fact, many of these "brands" claim of course, that only their cells will work with their given system. There are I don't know how many other brands being marketed using the same platform. The cells themselves can be easily identified by their shape, or better yet, the brand name printed on the power cord. With that said, I have some questions for anyone intimately familiar with this particular manufacturer.

1. I see the company now makes a unit designed for 55K gallon pools. Does the base control unit have support for the 55K gallon cell? The base unit looks to be identical to the 40K system. If it does support a 50K cell, what cell setting is required?

2. It looks like system was updated/changed at some point, as the newest version of these systems lacks a cooling fan connector on the PCB, along with the cooling fan itself. I would assume however, that the system can still accommodate cells ranging from 15K to 40K, and possibly even 55K in the newer version. Can the fan be left disconnected when using the newest version of the PCB? Looking at the PCB, it looks like heat sinks were replaced with a thermistor, negating the need for fan cooling.

The price of these systems ranges from $600 - $1,200, so buying the right "brand" can save you a lot of money. My current unit is a CircuPool, and the beauty of these systems is that you can buy a replacement PCB and LCD board for $150, and essentially end up with a new system if/when the original fails. I'm just now replacing the boards in my CircuPool which is 4 years old. Oddly enough, today is the last day of the 4 year warranty, but to replace the boards under CircuPool's warranty is twice the cost of buying them on the web.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: markayash
Interesting....
Do you have links to the online parts sources?
Any online links to the data you found in your research?
This info has the opportunity to save many of us some serious cash.

I unfortunately don't have access to the import data site anymore, but you'll find the control boards for the older system are "Chlorinator Power V5.20" PCB's. Here's a link to the manufacturer on Alibaba.

High Quality Swimming Pool Salt Water Chlorine Generator - Buy Salt Water Pool Chlorinator,Swimming Pool Chlorine Generator,Salt Chlorinator For Swimming Pool Product on Alibaba.com

Looks like the newest version of the system doesn't have a cooling fan, so the PCB is slightly different, but I'm sure the newer PCB is a direct replacement for the V5.20 PCB. You'd simply remove the cooling fan and mounting plate, which is missing on the schematic of the new units.

Check out the brand CaliMar, and look at the parts diagram.

It's very competitively priced, and the same system as many of the others. Even better, check out the pricing on the 2 circuit boards. They're super easy to replace, and you essentially end up with a new system for $150 or so if you replace both. Typically only the main PCB needs to be replaced, and that's under $100. I'm likely going to buy a back-up PCB or two to have on hand. Sure beats buying a completely new unit. My CircuPool unit latest exactly 4 years, so I'll gladly replace a $100 part every 4 years.

Last edited:
If going for a new SWG system install, keeping in this family of products would you recommend the Circupool branded or one of the others?

I've gotten 4 years out of my CircuPool unit. I paid $550 for it during a sale when I bought it. It seems to be a good platform, and supports many different cell sizes, including the most common "T" cells. Parts are also easy to get and inexpensive, because it's a fairly simple system. Given that there are many other brands that use the same platform, if I were to buy one today, I'd probably get the least expensive option. The CircuPool system is now over $1K. You also need to be concerned with the cell that comes with it. Some come with a 3 year warranty, some with a 1 or 2 year warranty. I can say this, mine is under warranty, and the parts from CircuPool are more expensive under the prorated warranty than they are from many web retailers, so I don't know how much weight I've give a warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.