Ret,

I don't see why you can't add an additional pump... *See below....

The EasyTouch can control 4 valves.. Two are used for your Spa/Pool switching, so that gives you two more if needed.

Most pool service companies, 'look' at your pool as they drive by... :mrgreen: You will be lucky if they stop, and for sure they will not be cleaning your water feature bowls..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ret,

Now that I think about it, you can't just add a pump, as it has to get its water from some place.. You can't have two pumps sucking water from the same pipe.. You could disconnect your main drain from the main pool pump and use that as a source for your water feature pump.

Someone has to think this through, before they just slap an additional pump in there.

How would you like to see it work, assuming you add a new pump, and had two additional automated valves???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ret,

Now that I think about it, you can't just add a pump, as it has to get its water from some place.. You can't have two pumps sucking water from the same pipe.. You could disconnect your main drain from the main pool pump and use that as a source for your water feature pump.

Someone has to think this through, before they just slap an additional pump in there.

How would you like to see it work, assuming you add a new pump, and had two additional automated valves???

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking (pulling from the main drain), which led me to the the conclusion that I might as well get it plumbed in more of a manifold style that minimizes the footprint and also regulates the water better while adding a pump that makes the system act like I'd hoped. My ideal situation would be able to have automation that allows for a pool mode where the pool is circulated for 8hrs a day (spa overflow, bubbler, and return lines) with at least 1hr of water features running to keep the lines and water fresh. I'd also like to be able to turn the water features on and off with the push of a button on the app or via Alexa. Currently, I have to run the pump at 85% in order to get the water features to function while having the spa overflow at a trickle. It's really loud and annoying since the pump is close to a seating area. Looking at my plumbing, is there a way to add two automated valves that would allow the features to work as described? It seems that whenever I manually adjust things, I always tweak at least 4 on the return side. Maybe it's possible to automate the 2 valves near the spa return and the pool return and keep the bubbler, waterfall, and bowls with equal distribution? Problem with that is that then the bowls will always have water going to them and will probably just trickle over. I really can't see how I could automate only two more valves and get what I want without a separate pump. Thanks fro the help.

Ret,

Since 'your' money is not an issue for 'me'... you could always upgrade to the new IntelliCenter, which has the ability to control several more valves with an additional card...

The upgrade from the EasyTouch to the IntelliCenter is only about $1,000 bucks, but then you still have to buy the valve extender card and I have no idea what that costs.. I would assume the card would be less than $1,000 bucks, so for $2K, you'd have the ability to control several more valves.

Edit.. Looks like it only $200 bucks...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ret,

I have not really thought this through completely, but in general, I like to see water features controlled by 2-way valves.. This gives you the ability to turn each feature on and off at will.. When you have 3-way valves, like you have now, you are really limited in how the water features work...

Kind of what you said... A manifold that feeds 2-way water feature valves..

Edit.......

I would get a big VS pump for your water features.. The bigger the pump, the slower it can run and still pump out the water.. You would also need an additional filter.. Spending your money is pretty easy... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Ret,

I have not really thought this through completely, but in general, I like to see water features controlled by 2-way valves.. This gives you the ability to turn each feature on and off at will.. When you have 3-way valves, like you have now, you are really limited in how the water features work...

Kind of what you said... A manifold that feeds 2-way water feature valves..

Edit.......

I would get a big VS pump for your water features.. The bigger the pump, the slower it can run and still pump out the water.. You would also need an additional filter.. Spending your money is pretty easy... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ugh. I hadn't even thought about needing an extra filter. Now I'm really running out of real estate (much less money!) When you say "upgrade" for only $1000 more dollars, how does that work? Are you saying the Intellicenter is $1000 more than the EasyTouch or there is a kit you can buy for $1000 to put in the current "box"?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.